Million Dollar Teacher Project
Million Dollar Teacher Project is working to help schools boost retention and recruitment of teachers. Our work revolves around impacting the key factors that are causing educators to leave the profession: compensation, support and appreciation. Our long term goal is to build the capacity to pay teachers a million dollars for their work but, until we reach that level, our immediate focus is to make teachers feel like a million dollars.
What new functionality we are looking for
I am looking for assistance in two ways:
1. I would like to overhaul my website and add new function. I would like to be able to post regular updates to the site, include an intro video where I explain MDTP, make it easier for individuals to donate and have an area that functions with our social media pages.
2. The other area is we have a concept for an app that we would like to develop. The app will allow teachers to upload their lessons and lesson plans to make it easier for teachers to share information with each other.
How the new functionality will help
1. Help us improve our website will help us increase our web presence overall. A website is a key information tool for you to build followers and share your mission with others. This is really the fastest medium to reach large amounts of people. So, having a strong website is essential to our continued growth.
2. The app we are developing will act as the for profit business model that will support our nonprofit endeavors.
How our organization will use the technology
1. The website will be our main tool for communicating with the public. We are currently running a social media campaign called #apples4teachers #teacherthankyounotes and updating the website will allow us to house videos that are submitted to our website and increase our ability to direct traffic to our website.
2. The app we would like to develop would be used to connect teachers nationwide and provide opportunities for us to run competitions between schools.
Who will use the technology
MDTP will use this new functionality to generate revenue and boost public awareness of our program.
13 Messages from Supporters
To improve the education system through teacher retention, pay and quality.
- Community Issue
- Visit the Site
- Visit their site.